January 1, 2009

The year of giving and generosity

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill
I don't like a long list of resolutions at the start of a new year. I don't even like a short list. For me, the list brings guilt and failure and who needs that. I do like a thought, something to keep coming back to throughout the year, something that provokes me to action. This year, Winston Churchill's quote is my thought.
I chose this picture because sometimes, what we have to give isn't money or stuff, it's time and energy, and that is when I find I am most selfish.
Thank you to Kamron and Dan for giving themselves to help us move in July. Thank you to Heidi and Kim for watching over home and kitty when we are gone. You didn't have to and we are blessed by your generosity.

No comments: