January 16, 2009

I have wanted to be the Waltons for the longest time. This is why, Great Grandma Yola has Lucy in her lap and she is surrounded by children, grandchildren, her great grand-daughter and cousins. That's what it's all about.
I was reading my Bible the other day and this scripture stood out to me, "And Abraham breathed his last and died in a ripe old age, an old man and satisfied with life;." That is what I want, to be an old woman, surrounded by those I love, and satisfied with life.
The Chinese have a special word for family noise, it is a word that means warmth and love.
So, I will keep praying, and maybe my children will all come home and buy a family farm. I hear it may be legal soon to cultivate hemp in the states....

2 comments:

Tarah said...

I like that..."satisfied with life"

Kristen said...

Jan Struthers, the author of Mrs. Miniver, wrote her epitaph:
One day my life will end; and lest,
Some whim should prompt you to review it,
Let her who knows the subject best
Tell you the shortest way to do it:
Then say, "Here lies one doubly blest."
Say, "She was happy."
Say, "She knew it."

God's best blessings to you, Suzanne!