February 24, 2009

More details

This picture shows one of God's prettier details. I managed to snap this from the back door.
I have been stuck in Leviticus, thus the delay in posting a blog. I love the word of God, and I know there is a reason for Leviticus, but it is mind numbing, and definitely not breakfast reading material. Laws for sacrifice, checking for what kind of ooze is seeping out of sores, ... you get the point.
As I waded through the laws the Israelites had to follow I remembered a very encouraging verse.
Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill."
I looked up the word fulfill and it means to complete, finish, make complete. I am so grateful that we live under grace and not the law. Jesus completes me, and I am clean in Him.

No comments: